With a bit of an alteration, a small recipe on the back of a French’s mustard bottle turned into a mouth watering aroma inside my kitchen!
- 2/3 cup vegan Ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- Mix dressing, mustard and sugar.
- Slice the tofu in half, widthwise. Press to ensure that all of the water has been drained out.
- Sprinkle pepper and sea salt over the tofu.
- Pour sauce over the tofu, ensuring that all of the tofu is covered. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake the tofu for 20 minutes.
I found it easy, and quick for the clean up stage, to simply place tin foil over a small casserole dish and use this for both marinating and baking. For this dish I also enjoyed a side of sticky rice – cooking 1 cup over the stove top and adding a cube of vegetable bouillon just to give it a little more of a kick! The rice definitely served as a good break from the taste of tangy ranch tofu, as the sauce has a very distinct and strong, yet still addictingly appetizing, flavor.